The podcast is back to the normal podcast schedule! Be warned – Jeremy, the podcat, gets athletic in this episode.
UPDATE: Due to space I can no longer host the audio files on the blog, please use your favourite podcatcher, or right click the podgen link to open the podcast episode in a new window: Podgen
Preview on Spotify
- How were the recent woolly events? I am heading to Yarndale in September!
- Town End Alpaca‘s charming Shetland Alpaca yarn and their Swallows and Amazons collaboration with True Brit Knits
- Shetland Knitting Terms – What is a Hesp and a hespetre? Also check out the great Dictionary of Scottish language
- LushPodKAL – have you cast on yet with Shinybees, KnitSpinCake, Caithness Craft Collective and all the LushPodKal-ers and I? I am using Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop & get slightly pornographic when I tell you why you should try wools that you think you can’t wear next to your skin! (n.b. if you are genuinely allergic to wool do not to as I do!)
- Head to Toe Give-away (see entry rules at bottom) and news of Clare Devine’s new patterns Tarsi Grande & Brevis Grande.
- Susan Crawford’s new vintage style 3ply weight Fenella – a dreamy yarn perfect for vintage garments and Fair Isle. Susan is also looking for experienced knitters for her Vintage Shetland Project (I realise, post-edit, that it sounds like I say the yarn is reared and sheared & spun at John Arbon. I mean reared and sheared in the UK!)
p.s. the seagull sounds are the seagulls currently living next to my office. The tweety birds are the birds at my bus stop!
Click on the picture for larger images.
: : COMPETITION RULES : :
This competition is open to everyone – please enter by commenting to this post first and go to Clare’s pattern store and tell us about your fave pattern and why – leave your Rav name in the comment!
You can earn extra entries in the KnitBritsh Ravelry group. Comment in there in the same way.
I will draw the winners at random by the next podcast and will lock the thread when the competition closes.
Rules are there for a reason and I will disqualify entries which do not comment appropriately. Please listen to the podcast for all the give-away info.