UPDATE: Due to space I can no longer host the audio files on the blog, please use your favourite podcatcher, or right click the podgen link to open the podcast episode in a new window: Podgen
Preview on Spotify
Yes, this month’s podcast is a little early, but my holiday falls on the broadcast day!
In this episode there is not the yarn reviews I promised last time – given time restraints in bringing the podcast forward – or any cast off/cast ons, but I am bringing you lovely content, if I do say so myself!
(Apologies for rough-around-edges editing – I edited for coughs, but only lightly edited for “umms”)
This episode will be available on iTunes soon
- WoolFest is next Friday & Saturday (27-28th) and if you haven’t been before I have a tip or two for you.
- If you are at Woolfest, you’ll be lucky to see a whole host of stalls, but seek out Yarn Garden for their new British base yarns in Teeswater and BFL – listen to my interview with George. The Teesdale yarns – Teeswater fingerling lace100g and BFL 4ply 100g cost £20 each and will wow Woolfest (meterage tbc). Do check out their website for more astonishing colours and lovely yarns.
- News: Fellow podcaster and British wool lover KnitSpinCake is opening a wool shop!
- Wool Shop Shout Out: The Queen of Purls, 91 Saltmarket, Glasgow.
- Woolly people are so so lovely
- Winner of the Artesano Blue Face Blend is announced and the random generator selected Charly, well done!#
- The music is Djangoarias by John Gilliat and you can find it at musicalley.com
Just added Yarn Garden to my list of must see and purchase from stalls at Woolfest! I’m going to need a bigger place to store my stash at this rate. Have a great and relaxing break away isla x
Great podcast! I always learn so much. Just looked at Yarn Garden. He dies, indeed, love what he does. Yarn is lovely.
[…] Ginger Twist Studio, and designer Clare Devine about a new pattern series with a discount code. In Episode 8, she interviews a yarn dyer, George from Yarn […]