This episode should be subtitled,” ….but I digress!”
Welcome along on episode 7 of the Knit British podcast.
You can also listen on iTunes!
- What does the Shetland knitting term rissie geng mean? Are there any knitting terms that have regional/dialect variations where you live? I’d love to hear them and we can have a regular feature
- Yarn give away: Sadly Artesano have discontinued the British range. I have 2 skeins of British Blue faced blend, in Beryl, to give away. Leave a comment on this post telling me which discontinued yarn you miss and I will announce the winner next episode.
- Highland Wool Festival: where I met Louise from Caithness Craft Podcast and Helen from Ripplescrafts. I also shopped with the Shilasdair stand, Sky Blue Pink Designs and I chatted with Louise & George from Yarn Garden!
- Cast on/Cast off – Lush cardigan by TinCanKnits in Brigantia – Maile Cardigan by Nikki Van Der Carr in Blacker Swan Falkland Merino (and why that is British to me) and Vivid Squares by TinCanKnits in WYS Aire Valley
- Yarn Review: Oosie by Skein Queen Scottish Down Cross base hand dyed by Debbie Orr. A great Great British yarn! check out Skein Queen website and sign up to shop updates.
- Keep in touch – I have changed my twitter handle to @Knit_British, Leira on Ravelry and you can comment here or say hello via the contact page!
Click on the pictures for larger image. Please remember all pictures belong to me!