This episode – why I am not gift knitting, or knitting things other people want me to knit….It’s not all baa-humbug, I promise!
: : Shownotes : :
- The amazing Scollay Cardigan by the awesome Karie Westermann, in Issue 41 of Knit Now. (Images copyright Karina Westermann)
- Event: Heart Felt fundraising event at Queen of Purls, Glasgow, in aid of The Great British Farm Project on 13th Dec from 12-5pm
- The “I Want To Knit All The Things” feeling is back. Quick mention of Wool People 8 and Curious Handmade Knitvent
- Yarn Review: Teesdale Fibres North Pennines BFL from Chrissie Day, a wool champ! Possibly the softest, silkiest BFL I have had my hands on.
- Cast on / Cast off: A flurry of activity yesterday. Cast off Antarktis by Janina Kallio in the aforementioned yarn. Lapsang hat in Toft Ulysses by Clare Devine. Alveare by Woolly Wormhead which i *just* cast on in J&S Heritage aran, Slight rant about knitting projects that other people want you to knit for them just because we can knit and they can’t!- LIFE IS TOO SHORT!
- Review: KnitSonik Stranded Colour Work Source Book, by Felix Ford. (spoiler alert: I love it. It’s fantastic!)
- Podcast recommendation: (Non Crafty) Serial, from the makers of This American Life. This is a weekly podcast which unfolds the case around a true crime, which occurred in 1999. It is gripping!
- Hellos and thanks
- Intro Music: Madeline by Ukulele Jim. Knit-related closing music: Dala Girls with Hockey Sweater. Both are available from MusicAlley.com
You can find KnitBritish on the iTunes store and the podcast app.
(more images to follow…blocking in progress!)
UPDATE: Due to space I can no longer host the audio files on the blog, please use your favourite podcatcher, or right click the podgen link to open the podcast episode in a new window: Podgen
Preview on Spotify